Monday, June 1, 2015

Book Review: The Tale of Nottingswood

I read The Tale of Nottingswood aloud to my children over the course of several nights. It is a great book to read aloud due to the lyrical nature of the book. It's a lot like reading Dr. Seuss books that are enjoyable to read because the words bounce around and play off of your tongue. I had a lot of fun with it.

My kids loved the mystical creatures and the unique, little town where the story was set. I loved that the story became a great springboard to discussions of ethics with my children. My kids asked questions each night after reading a portion of the book. It led to great discussions and some really enjoyable talks with my children. The book didn't shove morality or ethics down your throat, but ethical situations were definitely interlaced throughout the narrative and were things that my kids picked up on.

This was a very fun book to read. I recommend it to those who want to read something a little beyond the ordinary. I also highly recommend reading it aloud to your children.

Find this great book on Amazon and at http://www.nottingswood.com.