Sunday, November 9, 2014

So Now I'm an Author

My first book is now available online, so I guess that makes me an official author. The last few months have been kind of crazy with formatting my book, working to get a cover designed, and figuring out all of the ins and outs of publishing it.


And now I'm supposed to market my book. Marketing is the hard part. Most of us writers are total introverts and are happy with our personal hovel and a computer. I definitely fit this criteria.

I'm frequently telling people that I'm a hermit. I enjoy being at home. I work from home, exercise from home, eat at home, and would prefer that all of my socializing occur mainly within my own four walls (meaning that I would talk only to my husband and kids 99.5% of the time).

And now the hermit has to market, which brings me back to this blog. I was looking at the different suggestions for marketing and was beginning to shrink back into my shell. I don't want to do television appearances, radio show call ins, or book signings. They go against my hermitness and I don't like it.

Then I saw that creating a blog was recommended and I thought to myself, "I can do that at home!"

So, here we are.